Wednesday, April 6, 2016

25 overnight guests in Chase's home and different Easter rituals.


Hello!

This week has been insane. I have been worked sooo hard! We had changes this week, which are always crazy, but this week the flights got all split up and we had to run back and forth from the airport all the time. We also had the whole mission go to the temple this week. Luckily, the planning for that wasn't too crazy, but all of the missionaries came to San Jose the night before their temple day to sleep. And guess where all the missionaries sleep when they come here? My house. I had three nights in a row with over 25 missionaries in my house... I didn't get any sleep at all! They were all so loud! And to make this worse, right after that I had to wake up at 2:00AM to drop off the returning missionaries at the airport. I can safely say I'm dead tired.

Okay that's enough of that. This email is going to be pretty short because other than crazy office stuff I haven't been able to do anything exciting this week. Easter was weird here... Most of the people here treat it like any other day. In church they didn't really even talk about Easter. It's weird. The Catholic church here celebrates Holy Week. It consists of lots of parades where people follow big crucifixion statues and chant the Hail Mary and the Lords Prayer in Latin. It is actually kind of scary. One night I was working in the office late and saw a bunch of sirens and heard a woman screaming in a very monotone creepy voice. I ran outside and saw about 50 people in the street holding up a big cross chanting things that I couldn't understand. I took a video of a procession during the day, but the pastor got mad at me.

Yesterday we found a spider bigger than my hand just chilling in the office. It was funny how much it freaked out my companion. I'll send a video of it.

I hope you all had a good easter and that you enjoy General Conference this weekend! I'm really looking forward to it, because I'll actually be able to understand it in spanish this time! haha

Love you all! Look forward to hearing from you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment