Sunday, February 28, 2016

Trying to keep a good balance between working in the field and in the office.

Hello!
This week has been a really fun week! I have tried to think long and hard about my efforts as a missionary until now and I think I am pretty satisfied with what's happened so far. That doesn't mean that I don't have my regrets and I that I don't wish I would have done things a little differently in the past, but at least I'm learning from my experiences. Honestly, the mission has pushed me in a way that I never thought it would have. I've grown in so many ways and have seen and experienced so many things and I haven't even been out for a year yet! So anyways, right now I have to figure out how I can possibly maintain a high success level in the missionary field while still doing a good job in the office. This week I think I found a solution to this dilemma. I decided that I would try to get to know ALL of the members in our ward and work with them. Last Sunday I ran around like a crazy person setting up appointments with every member that I could see. This week I got to enjoy lots of nice dinners and really fun appointments because of it! In spite of the fact that I didn't get any references... I think it was definitely a good decision! They are more excited to work with the missionaries, we have more trust with the members, and I'm happier!
 I wish I could update you guys with a crazy story of something that happened... but nothing crazy really went down this week. We found a couple of good family that hopefully can progress. I ate at Johnny Rockets today and spend $7 on a tiny milkshake. I found out how to make buttons on EXCEL spreadsheets and wrote my own code to make the migration spreadsheet run better.... I think that's about it... hahaha
I hope you all enjoy my blogs.. I don't really know what to write about when I write them. If you want me to write about anything in specific let me know! I love getting emails and pictures from everybody! (and I know I'm a hypocrite because I haven't send pictures in a while... but I'll get better at that!!)
Always remember to pray and study your scriptures! And actually study them... not just read them because you have to!
Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment