Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Taxi driver had waited to get a Book of Mormon his whole life.

Hello!
I survived changes this week! Hooray! This week a ton of missionaries had changes and I had to spend a lot of extra time on their bus routes. Also, there is a missionary named Elder Valle who is from Costa Rica who was supposed to serve his mission in the Dominican Republic, but his Visa didn't come on time. Soooo he got put with Elder Fuller and I to babysit him until we could get his Visa. Luckily it came the next day and I took him to the Dominican Republic embassy, picked up his visa and got him shipped off two days later. I felt kind of bad for him though... he had to witness what our lives are like during changes week... including waking up at 2:00AM to drop off the returning missionaries at the airport. I'm definitely not going to miss that part. haha

Not too much stuff happened this week. I taught the taxi driver about the gospel on the way back from the airport and he seemed to really like the message of the restauration. When I gave him a
Book of Mormon he asked me to sign it and said he had been waiting for somebody to give him one his whole life. It was a nice little experience. One thing that I have learned here on the mission is that sometimes missionary work consists of the little things you do and the small seeds you plant in peoples hearts. I don't know if this man will get baptized in a week, month, year, or even in this life, but I did my part and planted the seed.

Alma 32:27-28

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
 28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

Since you all seem to like the homework that I sometimes give... This weeks homework will to be to focus on the word "desire" in these two verses and figure out what the word means to you. After, search for other words in the scriptures that contain the word desire and try to link them the best you can.
Thanks for the emails! Keep em coming!! :)


Thanks for all the cool Finland stuff! I really like the shirt!
I already know I'm going to make myself sick from all this candy, but its okay!
Love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment