Monday, November 28, 2016

Dental experience in Costa Rica amongst other things

Still sick... but this week I bought some cough syrup that supposedly is pretty good... we will see!

This week has been a week filled with strange experiences... Here are a couple:

1. One of my fillings fell out. I decided to go to a local clinic to see what they would do to fix it. The dentist said, well it'll take about 15 minutes of your time and 40 bucks. 15 minutes seemed like a very short amount of time to replace a filling, but I said okay... and she sat me down and said, would you like anestesia? I thought about it for a little bit and decided, well that's usually the worst part, so I opted to go all natural. I'm pretty sure that was a good decision on my part... the drilling didn't hurt too bad and there was no swelling afterwards! I think American dentists should give the option too!

2. I think I told you about the family that we were teaching that said that we were angles sent by God to help her out of her drug addiction.. right? Well she smoked crack this week... and went into a deep depression. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

3. Speaking of drugs... a recent converts daughter is a huge druggie that lives in the street and always walks around drunk. Well this week she over dosed really bad and came to her moms house and passed out and started having a seizure. The police came and she called us and had us give her a blessing. It was pretty nuts. I wish I could say that stuff like that hasn't happened to me a lot on the mission, but for some reason crazy things like that just seem to be normal here.

4. I had to come up to San Jose to get a package out of customs... and it is freeezing here! I forgot just how hot my area was. I can't wait to get back to the humid air! Also, Costa Rica changed their rules and if you send candy in a package it gets stuck in customs... so just don't write candy or food on the package labels... just missionary supplies (suministros misionales) and other stuff like that, because it's hard traveling 3 and a half hours to go to the city.

That's about all I have time for... since I'm in the city I dont have my camera with me... sorry for not sending pictures for such a long time!

Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment