Monday, May 4, 2015

Welcome to the Provo MTC Chase!

Chase made it safe and sound to the MTC!  Here is his first e-mail and a picture from a kind stranger on his plane!
 
 
 
Hi! I guess Wednesdays are the P days here so I get to send emails every wednesday while Im here at the MTC. I am running off of 1 and a half hours of sleep and I am so exhausted! We started spanish class the second we got into the MTC. I was the first person to arrive in my district for about half an hour three teachers were just talking to me only in spanish. It was pretty crazy! I already more confident about the language though. My teachers all seem really smart so far, and seem really nice and helpful. 
The food here is pretty good. It reminds me of living in the dorms and eating at the cannon. The food, trays, cups, and everything are exactly the same. I am really not looking forward to waking up at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I know that isnt going to be enough sleep with how crazy my day has been today. Its already such an adjustment. Calling people elder and sister is really throwing me off. Luckily everybody who works here is super nice and is always willing to help (and they are almost all like 7000 years old) so I havent been too confused finding where everything is.
My companion seems really cool. He is from Arizona and went to BYU last fall. We have a lot of things in common and we are about the same skill level in spanish. 
I hope you havent worried about me too much! Things are all well here, and I didnt have any difficulties figuring out what to do to get here. Ive already made friends, and im feeling pretty comfortable here.
Hope you all havent shed too many tears!
Love you,
Elder Abel
(pronounced ahbell)


No comments:

Post a Comment