Tuesday, November 10, 2015

It has been a week of unusual jungle animal sightings.

 
This week has been the week of strange animals. This past week I have seen bugs the size of my hand, lizards that look like they belong in Jurrassic park, triantulas, a gigantic bird with a neon yellow chest, a whole bunch of huge frogs and a SLOTH!

All of these animals have funny stories behind them, but I'll just tell the stories about the sloth and the lizard.We study outside everyday because it is hotter inside our house than outside. As I was studying I heard a rustling in the little garden that is outside our house. When I got a little closer to look a HUGE lizard jumped out of no where right in front on me. It was a little bit longer than my hand and forarm. Not going to lie it kind of scared me... It had bright yellow stripes and super long ears. I seriously thought it was a lost dinosaur. After I got a few pictures it hopped away and hasn't returned since then.

I have heard a lot of people saying that they have seen sloths here, and I really wanted to see one. Ever since I've got here I always have looked up in the trees to try to spot one. One day my companion and I were walking down a dirt road with a bunch of vines above us. I said to my companion, "if there really are sloths in this area, they must live around here. But I wonder what they look like.... Probably like a big hairy coconut." and right as I said that, I saw something rustle up in the trees. But whatever moved stopped and I sat there staring at what I thought was a huge coconut. After staring at it for about 5 minutes... It slowly started moving! The big hairly coconut was actually a sloth! I was so happy that I finally got to see one!
The next animal on my checklist is an armadillo. Apparently there is one that lives really close to our house.

I have been reading a lot of the bible this week during my studies and I have found a ton of really good scriptures. If any of you are looking for something to read, read the book of Proverbs. It is so full of great life advice. Mom I thought you would like Prov 15:20 and 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. And if anybody can find a woman like it describes in Prov 31: 13-31... let me know;)

As far as the work is going.. we are going to baptize Layepska and Ambar this saturday! The parents gave us permission, so everything is all set up and ready to go!

Shoutout to my Mamá for running her first 100 mile race! Proud of you!

Keep the emails coming!!
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment