Monday, November 2, 2015

Neighbor performing surgery on Chase, and some weird thoughts on how Americans celebrate Halloween.


Hi!

This week has flown by just like the rest of them! This week went by so fast that I forgot that it was Halloween until the people here started reminding me! The people here don’t celebrate Halloween at all... and they have the weirdest ideas of how Americans celebrate. I had a ton of different people come up to me and ask me if my family will be sacrificing children tonight? Apparently the rumor in Costa Rica is that on Halloween, everybody in the United States worships Satan and sacrifices children, and I’m not kidding. Everybody is scared of Halloween because of that.

I have some really good news! I finally got my ingrown toenails worked on!! I’ve had some realllly bad ingrown toenails on both feet for about three months now, and I just kind of dealt with the pain this whole time. It started to get really bad and I decided to finally do something about it. My neighbor offered to do the surgery and cut about half of my toe off. It doesn’t look too pretty right now, but at least it doesn’t hurt anymore!! My companion took a video of the whole thing and it is about 45 mins long of me screaming like a little girl... If we cut out the boring parts, I might think about sending it to you all. haha

The work here is still really good. I am starting to become really good friends with the people here. They are all so nice. The hardest part is still getting them all to come to church. We are teaching two sisters who are 13 and 15 years old named Layepska and Ambar. They are super funny and we already are really close. They are supposed to be baptized this 14 of November and I really hope that it all works out. We have permission from the parents and everything, the only thing that is holding us back is that my companion made a joke that to baptize someone, you hold them under the water until the bubbles stop... Layepska didn’t like that and now she’s scared of being baptized.....

That’s about it for the updates though... we have 31 people that are progressing towards baptism, which is really good for Costa Rica, I’m hoping to have 40 by next week. It’s not too shabby, especially because we had 7 when I got here... haha

Keep praying for me!

Happy Halloween! Thanks for your emails and your prayers! Love you!



Old Branch Presidents birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment