Friday, July 29, 2016

Interesting experience in the rainforest!

I'm so sad that last weeks email didn't get to you:(

It was such a good week! Luis Carlos got baptized and received the priesthood. And even though he was baptized at 8 in the morning about 30 people came! It was so good! He came to church last week and went to a special family history class that they were giving and now is excited to go to the temple to do baptisms for his family! It's always really neat to see how excited people get about the restored gospel!

Also... I'll try to tell the quick version of the crazy stuff that happened last week... It won't be as good or detailed as the first time around, but whatever.

After the baptism a member called us and said that she was really worried about her daughter that lived way out in the rainforest with her mom. She said that lately her daughter had been complaining of hearing voices and seeing dark shadows in her room. One night she woke up at 3 in the morning because she felt like somebody was choking her. Weird stuff, right? When she told us that, I said to her (jokingly) "well it looks like you're in luck, because I've been practicing my latin and I just restocked on my holy water... so let's do an exorcism!!" When the member heard that she said, "That sounds like a perfect idea!!" So.... off we went. We left the members house at about 2 on a Sunday and started walking under the midday sun for TWO AND A HALF HOURS through dense rainforest We finally got to the little house in the middle of nowhere and we were met by a really nice family of 6. They were all baptized a long time ago, but stopped going to church because the people stopped visiting them because they lived so dang far away. After a little bit of talking we got down to business and started to ask the daughter what was going on... after she shared a little bit we decided that we needed to give her a blessing. When we were giving her the blessing she started falling over... and started breathing kind of funny. When the blessing was finished she ran over to her mom and said that she couldn't breathe and burst into tears. The mom got all freaked out because she said that she had never seen her daughter cry like this before. Then the daughter said that she wanted to throw up and yeah... It was quite the experience. After that we headed back up the mountain and through the rainforest, barely arriving at our house before 9.

Well I guess that's a quick review of last week. This week not much has happened... I've been pretty sick with a virus thats been going around, but finally after 5 days I'm starting to feel a little better. I can't wait to feel 100% again so that I can work hard. Being sick on the mission is no fun... pray for me! 

Since I've been sick I don't really have much to share... I took advantage of my downtime and now I've almost finished Jesus the Christ... so I guess that's good? haha

Our cook also moved farther away and so now we have to walk a little longer to get to her house On the way I found a goat... so I'll attach a picture of my new friend to make up for the lame week!

Also, there are some crazy grasshoppers that are all over the place over here! They are so scary looking!

Hopefully this email will get to you.
Love you all!

Beautiful and scary grass hoppers!

Some members heard Chase wasn't feeling well so that brought him a huge hamburger.

Wow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment