Saturday, July 2, 2016

Leaving for his new area in 2 days!

Hello!

T-minus 2 days until takeoff! I'm so excited! I have officially packed up all of my things from the office and Elder Winders is all ready to fly solo! 

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before... but President Hayes is sick. Well, actually he got sick about a year ago and just didn't tell anybody about it. Two weeks ago it started to get pretty serious and he decided to go to a local clinic to see what was wrong with him. They couldn't find anything out, so Salt Lake told him he had to go to Utah for testing. Now we have a subsitute president, his name is President Arredondo. He served as a mission president in the Nicaragua North mission. I've been able to work with him a little bit when he has come into the office and he is a really nice guy. He really wants to help the mission. This week we had a mission conference where President talked to us about the importance of baptizing and gave us a lot of ideas on how to baptize more. I think it was exactly what the mission needed to hear. Everything happens for a reason, and maybe he was supposed to come here to share this message.

This week I have mostly been reviewing all of the office work with Elder Winders and have spent a lot of time finding news. We actually have had a lot of luck finding this week and I'm really excited for what is going to happen in this area after I leave. I have also been saying goodbye to a lot of the members around here, and it has actually been pretty hard. I have become pretty good friends with the members here and I'm going to miss them a lot!

That pretty much sums up my week here... I really am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve here in the office. I have learned a lot, but I am so ready to move on! 

Sorry, I have been so bad with pictures over these last couple of months... here is one of me playing the bagpipes to make up for it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment