Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Helped with a Birthday party, cleared a lot and taught English classes.

I feel like this week went by crazy fast. We have been doing all sorts of things that have really taken up all my time. A couple of days ago we went to this place called Pejibaye which is about an hour and a half away to help clean up a lot for a member so that she could build her house there. It was super pretty, but really hot... It was good though because I really felt like we helped a lot. She is a single mother with 2 young kids and really wants to get settled down and have a house of her own. She comes to church as often as she can, but its tough because she lives so far away and has to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus that heads towards Perez.

The day after that I had an extra long English class (I teach English for an hour every Saturday in the church) because one inactive 22 year old decided to show up so I could help him with an English presentation. After helping him, he opened up a lot to me and started telling me how he messed his life up and how we is embarrassed to go to church and some other stuff, but I told him that we would start working more with him so that he come back to church and he finally accepted the invitation after years of saying no! After our English class we helped out with an investigators sons birthday party. We pretty much ran the whole thing.. we served the food, helped with games and the piƱata, and cleaned up, but it was worth it! After the party she said, I think I have received an answer and I am excited to stay on track to complete with my commitment. I'm not exactly sure what she was talking about, but we have been working with her a lot so that she can get baptized at the end of the month. I hope that it all works out!

Another cool thing that happened was that last night a member from our  branch got his mission call to Peru. It was really fun being there when he opened it and remembering when I opened my call to Costa Rica.

This area is definitely testing me and I have had quite a few set backs and obstacles here, but I know that eventually the Lord will help me out if I stay focused, obedient, and try my best.  Like it says in
1 Peter 1:7,

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

and Romans 2:7,

To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life.





















No comments:

Post a Comment