Saturday, February 4, 2017

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Life lesson from the mission: When you are doing everything in your power to do things right and everything goes all wrong, it's because there is a blessing coming your way, its just running late.
I think this is something that Joseph Smith learned when he recieved the revelation 58:4

 "For after much tribulation come the blessingsWherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with 
much glorythe hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand. Remember this, which tell you before, that you 
may lay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow. Behold, verily say unto you, for this cause 
have sent youthat you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be prepared to bear testimony of the 
things which are to come; And also that you might be honored in laying the foundation, and in bearing  record of the land upon which the Zion of God shall stand;"

This week many of our investigators were on vacation so we were forced to contact pretty much every day. I don't really mind it, but it gets kind of boring after a while when you are the only one doing contacts. (my comp is still a little scared) So I tried to change it up a little bit. I started to become more and more direct with my contacting. Here is an example:

We saw a guy outside of his house smoking, and I whispered to my companion, contact him. My comp got scared and said that he wouldn't want to know anything because he was smoking.  I walked up to the smoking man and started talking about life after death. He seemed really surprised and taken aback but focused on smoking and didn't look at us. I started asking him questions and he started to answer them but still didnt look at us in the eyes. I felt the need to talk more about the plan of salvation until he said, my wife just died giving birth to my son. and it all made sense. I kept testifying about the importance of the plan of salvation and life after death and then we gave him a pamphlet. As we were about to leave I asked if I could say a prayer. He agreed and during the prayer, this strong, tough, tatooed guy started crying. And he asked if we could come back next week. As we walked away my companion mentioned that he understood a little bit more why we need to talk to everybody we meet and not judge them.

This week we have had a couple other of experiences like that, but I don't have much time... but pretty much the jist is that if you feel like you need to talk about the gospel with somebody- do it. The lord will let us know what we need to say when we need to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment