Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Found 38 people to teach!

This week has been suuuuuper long. I feel like I'm starting my mission all over again. Elder Cárcamo is working me so hard. But it's a really good thing. I am learning how important it is to be obedient. We follow the mission schedule EXACTLY. And for that, we are having a ton of success. In just this week we have found 38 new people to teach. We literally talk to everybody. We have lessons and prayers in the middle of the street if we have to. Elder Carcamo is super forward though. In almost every first lesson, he challenges them to be baptized. And its good for the most part,but its hard to keep track of the people who really want to progress. We had a ton of baptismal dates for august, we just have to get them to chuurch 3 times before then. And that is a huge struggle here. Nobody wants to go to church. Luckily, this week we upped the assistance of the church by 20 people, but only two were investigators... most were less actives. I hope we can continue working this hard, because it is so nice seeing your hard work pay off.
My spanish is also getting way better, really fast because my new trainer cant speak english. I speak spanish all day everyday now. I am so grateful that I can understand almost all of what other people are saying now. Words are actually starting to sound like words. Its a weird feeling to describe. Before, literally everything sounded like a huge mess, but now I can recognize structure.
Im getting to the point where I start thinking in spanish. And I dont think I like it... because ill be thinking and then Ill think something thats not gramatically correct. It really throws me off.
Yesterday I had two people tell me that my spanish is really fluent, and they would consider me a tico-american. While I still dont feel that confident, it was definitely a nice confident booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment