Monday, August 24, 2015

Making America proud, one funnel cake at a time.


 

 
The work is still progressing, but progressing slowly. Luckily, we have had two baptisms scheduled for this week.  I’ll keep you updated and let you know if that happens! 
I don’t have too much to write about, but this week we had a very fun activity in the ward! We all cooked a cultural food from our country and shared it. There were all sorts of dishes from different countries in Central America. And I was the only American. I wanted to represent our country well and make something really good, but it is impossible to find food from the US here! After three different ideas didn’t work out, I finally remembered something DELICIOUS that I could make, FUNNEL CAKE! So I did just that. Funnel cake with Hershey’s chocolate syrup (which cost more than 6 dollars for a tiny bottle), powdered sugar, and coconut! It was super good and I think the people at the activity liked it!

 One thing that the American missionaries have to do is teach their Latin companions English! My whole district is Latino and they asked me to start praying in English so that they could learn. This morning I started to pray in English with my companion, but halfway through the prayer I FORGOT HOW TO PRAY. It was the weirdest thing. I could only think in Spanish. Talking in English feels so weird to me now! 

Oh and also, last Saturday we had the opportunity to listen to a talk by Elder Nelson (one of the 12 apostles). He is visiting missions down in Central America, but since he won’t be visiting our mission directly, we got to watch a live broadcast of him speaking to a different mission. It was really nice to hear his talk. He gave a lot of good insight on missionary work. He can’t speak Spanish though so he had to stop every 10 seconds for a translator to translate his words into Spanish. It was a nice refresher in English!
 
Sorry for the short e-mail......  Next week will be better!!!!!
 

                   We bought futbol jerseys in San Jose. Saprisa is LIFE
                              This is Victor. He is quite a great person.


                                         Making America proud.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment